ICNetwork Vision and Mission
To take initiative in providing positive leadership in addressing the issue of unemployment, under-employment and self-employment in the Iranian community living in Canada.
Through a community capacity building approach we are committed to enhance the potential of the Iranian community in the areas of employment and self-employment in order to increase the employ-ability of members of Iranian community.
The Network's core values support its vision:
· Foster an open, inclusive and respectful working relationship;
· Promote an environment that welcomes and respects diversity of views and approaches, supports innovation and promotes open debate;
· Seek consensus in making decisions;
· Work collaboratively with other stakeholders (community members/groups, non-profit organizations, business organization, governments, etc.);
· Acknowledge the contributions of established Iranian professionals and business people who are active in the community.
Goals and Objectives:
¨Provide information and mentoring for Iranian job seekers (un/underemployed professionals and semi-professionals) in obtaining gainful employment.
¨Provide information and mentoring for Iranian entrepreneurs in establishing new businesses.
¨Link successful professionals and business people to Iranian job seekers for the purpose of mentoring.
¨Provide Iranian employers with information about job-ready Iranians.
¨Provide referrals for job seekers to better utilize the existing employment services.